That Communications Company (That Comms Co.) is a vibrant, values-driven strategic communications agency with expertise in media relations, stakeholder management, executive profiling, corporate and brand positioning, and issues and crisis management.
Our motto is ‘Good People, Good Business’ and we try our best to live this. Both in exemplifying it, and also choosing our business partners on this basis.
We’re currently looking for an ambitious and creative Account Executive to join our dynamic and supportive team. You’ll get to work across an exciting portfolio of local and global clients, enjoy flexible working and a heap of great work perks, and you’ll practice good business with good people every day.
This role is for a motivated self-starter who is eager to roll up their sleeves and learn through hands-on support in our business. The successful candidate will be someone who can generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to That Comms Co.’s vision, strategies and desired culture, and who is motivated to be on the lookout for their clients’ next big opportunity.
If you’re based in Melbourne and have at least 3 months of PR or Comms experience – either via internships or in-house/agency employment – we want to hear from you.
- Assist with day-to-day account management activity, including keeping WIPs, calendars, coverage trackers, and client folders maintained and up to date
- Assist in drafting client communications, including press releases, pitches, articles, case studies, opinion pieces and briefing booklets
- Daily media relations activity, including pitching press releases, announcements, and story ideas to national, local and industry press — print, online, and broadcast
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists and deliver upon requests for information and interviews
- Develop regular story ideas/pitches for clients, thinking outside the box to land great coverage opportunities
- Host phone interviews as required
- Find proactive media opportunities for clients when monitoring the media
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Prepare media coverage reports for clients
- Manage your workload to meet client and manager deadlines/expectations
- Assist in handling clients’ social media accounts as required
- Liaise with clients and attend client meetings as required
- Assist with designing new business proposals
- Assist with the induction and supervision of interns
- Handle That Comms Co. internal social media as required
- Generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to That Comms Co.’s vision, strategies and desired culture
Key skills and experience
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English
- Copywriting skills: You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention
- Quality of work: You will need to have a high standard for the work you produce and outstanding attention to detail
- Industry knowledge: You’ll have a keen interest in, and understanding of, the Australian media landscape
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people. You’ll need to be approachable and able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, and externally with clients and media
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality
Perks and benefits
- A supportive, inclusive and nurturing workplace culture
- The opportunity for flexible working
- Health and well-being incentives to help you feel your best
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular fun team-building activities including company off-sites and team lunches
- Extra superannuation contributions and the opportunity for profit share
Apply now via email@example.com